In this episode of Add To Cart, we checkout James Taylor, the Founder and CEO of Particular Audience – an Australian technology platform helping eCommerce retailers create a more intuitive and personalized shopping experience through merchandise, search and advertising. And this is all done dynamically and without using any personally identifiable information or third party cookies. James’ theory is that product data and intention is more important than customer groupings and it is a fascinating one to explore. Particular Audience was founded here in Sydney, boasts clients including The Good Guys, Singapore Airlines and Calvin Klein across Australia, US, UK and Canada. Since 2019 they’ve raised $13.5m in investment, are set to continue this growth.
Questions answered in this episode include…
- What is the weirdest thing you’ve ever bought online?
- Who is your favourite retailer?
- Which retail fad do you wish was history?
- Can you recommend a book or podcast that our listeners should immediately get into?
- Finish this sentence. The future of retail is…
- The Good Guys
- The Cold Start Problem, by Andrew Chen
- Similar Inc
- Products Are More Important Than Customers: The Particular Audience Story | #154
This episode was brought to you by…