In this episode of Add To Cart, we checkout James van Rooyen, Co-founder of Bikes Online – or Bicycles Online as they have been known in Australia. Starting out as bike tour operators, James and his business partner Jono, thought they might be able to get bikes cheaper if they ordered them direct from the supplier. One container load and an eBay store lanter, Bikes Online was born. Today, they sell bikes to both the Australian and US markets and have 100 staff spread across every continent.
Questions answered in this episode include…
- What is the weirdest thing you’ve ever bought online?
- Who is your favourite retailer?
- Which retail fad do you wish was history?
- Can you recommend a book or podcast that our listeners should immediately get into?
- Finish this sentence. The future of retail is…
🔗 Links from the episode
- Bikes Online
- Elon Musk by Ashlee Vance
- Never Split the Difference by Chris Voss
- No-one Likes The Middle Man: The Bikes Online Story| #181
This episode was brought to you by…