In this episode of Add To Cart, we checkout the guy who used to play in Wayne Carey’s number 18 jersey at the North Melbourne Kangaroos. Nowadays, he is better known for having recently sold his retail media business, CitrusAd, to Publicis for $200m. Brad Moran is the CEO and Founder of CitrusAd – they monetize the digital shelf of eCommerce retailing sites. Or to put it simply, they take the old school grocery shelf buying and make it accessible for online retailers so they can generate additional revenue from the eyeballs they attract. And no doubt they were a healthy acquisition target – CitrusAd powers media sales and ad-serving for more than half of the top 20 retailers in the world. This includes Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Argos, Bed Bath & Beyond and here in Australia, The Iconic, Woolworths and Coles.
Questions answered in this episode include…
- What is the weirdest thing you’ve ever bought online?
- Who is your favourite retailer?
- Which retail fad do you wish was history?
- Can you recommend a book or podcast that our listeners should immediately get into?
- Finish this sentence. The future of retail is…
- The Iconic
- Harvey Norman
- JB Hi Fi
- Horses Are Better Than Unicorns: The CitrusAd Story | #164
This episode was brought to you by…