In this episode of Add To Cart, we are joined by Kellie Hush, former editor in Chief of Harper’s Bazaar with more than 20 years’ experience in the Australian and international fashion industry.
We hear Kellie’s thoughts on the importance of brand stories, innovative retail partnerships and customer communities as well as lessons learned from the recent launch of and exit from, her own accessories brand The Way…speed humps and all. We learn why, according to Kellie, ‘the circus is over’ for luxury fashion, how the traditional Aussie department store needs a reboot and how fashion retail will emerge post-Covid.
It’s scary times, but if you’ve got gut and instinct, you can see this an opportunityHarper’s Bazaar
Questions answered in this episode include…
- What advice do you have for fashion brands looking to connect with new customers in today’s media landscape?
- How should Australian fashion labels approach the overseas market?
- What’s the future for department stores like DJ’s and Myer?
- What lessons did you learn from launching your own fashion accessories brand, The Way?
- How should fashion brands navigate the next 12-24 months?
If you can, take Kellie’s advice: slow down, take stock and plan your next moves.
There are a number of activities that Kellie mentions to set you up for the future…
- Revisit your brand. Does it stand for something?
- Audit your customer experience end to end
- Review your channel strategy. Does it fit the new world?
- Review and leverage your partnerships
There’s no-one to follow at the moment.
This is your opportunity to take the lead and create your future experience.