In this episode of Add To Cart, we checkout Susan Martin from Smart In Planning. Have you ever wondered what the hell Merchandise Planners do? They are like the air filters of the retail world – everyone knows they are important but most don’t know what they actually do. Susan Martin is not just a Merchandise Planner, but one of the best in the country with her experience at Cotton On, Best & Less and The Warehouse Group. Today, Susan is the CEO of Smart In Planning who consults leading retailers on how to optimise their inventory, and ultimately, their profitability.
Questions answered in this episode include…
- What is the weirdest thing you’ve ever bought online?
- Who is your favourite retailer?
- Which retail fad do you wish was history?
- Can you recommend a book or podcast that our listeners should immediately get into?
- Finish this sentence. The future of retail is…
- Cotton On
- The Psychology of Winning by Denis Waitley
- High Trust Selling by Todd Duncan
- Mastering Your Merchandise Plan with Susan Martin | #138
This episode was brought to you by…