In this episode of Add To Cart, we checkout Pamela Yip from Bubble Tea Club. When Covid hit, within a week of losing most of her marketing clients, Pamela Yip had conceived and launched a new business with her friend Jenny Le. Their idea – DIY bubble tea – was timely and a huge success – if the people can’t go and get bubble tea, then bubble tea must come to the people! Bubble Tea Club has now had over 40,000 customers or ‘bubblers’ as they are known and the company is generating over $2m in revenue. They’ve also been voted in the Top 20 Coolest retailers by Inside Retail, alongside Culture Kings and Country Road.
Questions answered in this episode include…
- What is the weirdest thing you’ve ever bought online?
- Who is your favourite retailer?
- Which retail fad do you wish was history?
- Can you recommend a book or podcast that our listeners should immediately get into?
- Finish this sentence. The future of retail is…
- Dunkin Donuts
- Culture Kings
- Google Trends
- Buzz Sumo
- The E Myth Revisited by Michael Gerber
- Pearls of eComm Wisdom: The Bubble Tea Club Story | #166
This episode was brought to you by…