In this episode of Add To Cart, we checkout Jen Donovan and Sarah Britz from Spend With Us. Jenn and Sarah are Co-founders of the online shopping marketplace and directory for rural and regional small businesses of Australia who have taken a hit from bushfires, drought, and coronavirus. Sarah, a web designer, had built a website to help bush businesses as they struggled with adversity. Meanwhile Jenn, with her marketing background,, was growing a community with her facebook group ‘Buy From a Bush Business’. These women joined forces and Spend With Us was born. The marketplace showcases the rich crop of talents that operate in the bush, with over 1000 businesses listed, selling everything from fashion and art to food and drink….you can even book accommodation.
Questions answered in this episode include…
- What is the weirdest thing you’ve ever bought online?
- Who is your favourite retailer?
- Which retail fad do you wish was history?
- Can you recommend a book or podcast that our listeners should immediately get into?
- Finish this sentence. The future of retail is…
- Spend With Us
- The Birds Nest
- Stories From The Bush
- Girl, Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis
- The One Thing by Gary Keller
- Small Business Made Simple with Jenn Donovan
- Along The Murray with Jenn Donovan
This episode was brought to you by…