In this episode of Add To Cart, we checkout Dean Salakas, CEO and Chief Party Dude at The Party People. Going online in 1999, Dean and his brother are leaders in the party space with a physical store and over 30 team members. Dean is and has been a figurehead in the Australian eCommerce industry for many years and it was a delight to have him finally join us on Add To Cart. We actually lined up this chat while on the dance floor at the Online Retail Awards. But despite knowing Dean for some time, I always pick up something new everytime we talk.
Questions answered in this episode include…
- What is the weirdest thing you’ve ever bought online?
- Who is your favourite retailer?
- Which retail fad do you wish was history?
- Can you recommend a book or podcast that our listeners should immediately get into?
- Finish this sentence. The future of retail is…
- Flora and Fauna
- I’m a retailer, here’s how to pitch to me, by Dean Salakas
- Catch of The Decade by Gabby Leibovich
- Clowns, Sharks and eCommerce: The Party People Story | #216
This episode was brought to you by…