In this episode of Add To Cart, we checkout Daniel Flynn from Thankyou. They burst onto the scene with bottled water that was doing good and now 12 years later Thankyou has raised over $17 million to impact the lives of people across 22 countries… and no longer do bottled water. Many of you will be familiar with Thankyou and its mission to redistribute wealth from consumer spending. We are living in a time where extreme poverty and extreme consumerism live side by side – Daniel and his team are looking to rebalance that equation. Thankyou is stocked in major retailers including Coles, Woolworths and Chemist Warehouse, and a whole bunch of eCommerce stores including Amazon, Catch, Nourished Life and BaoBag. On their own site – they only sell one product – Chapter One, the first part of the Thankyou story. And it’s not a bad product – so far raising more than $2.6m to supercharge their impact.
Questions answered in this episode include…
- What is the weirdest thing you’ve ever bought online?
- Who is your favourite retailer?
- Which retail fad do you wish was history?
- Can you recommend a book or podcast that our listeners should immediately get into?
- Finish this sentence. The future of retail is…
- Adore BThe Infinite Game by Simon Sinek
- Do Purpose: Why Brands With a Purpose Do Good and Matter More by David Hieatt
- Chapter One
- Don’t Apologise for Profit: The Thankyou Story | #130
This episode was brought to you by…