In this episode of Add To Cart, we are joined by Kate Collinson, eCommerce consultant & growth marketer and Craig Somerville, Managing Director of digital marketing agency Reload Media.
We discuss the ways in which the CoronaVirus pandemic is impacting the retail landscape in Australia and around the world and how businesses can best respond to this unprecedented crisis.
Questions answered in this episode include…
- What impacts on retail are we seeing from Coronavirus?
- What are the surprising trends you’ve seen so far during this crisis?
- What are some short term tactics to ride out the wave?
- What other changes do you see coming?
- Task focused shopping is subsiding. Purchase lead times are getting longer.
- Auction rates for search and social are decreasing without significant impact to ROAS.
- Branding remains important but needs to be treated sensitively.
- Most (not all) pureplay businesses are benefitting – especially in ‘home activity’ categories.
- Consumer confidence hasn’t reached the bottom… yet. Real economic impacts yet to come.
🔗 Links from the episode
- How Marketers Can Adapt to the Coronavirus Impact (Craig Somerville)
- 2020 in eCommerce: What To Expect (Kate Collinson)
- Retail in the time of coronavirus (Nathan Bush)
- Coke’s social distance messaging
- Dettol’s Handwash Challenge
- Tigerlily and Kikki K struggle
- Millennials change spending habits most amid Coronavirus outbreak
- Shopify Plus Commerce Evaluation Guide (Sponsored)